Weekly Procedures Edit
As per FCC rules and regulations, each week all equipment must be checked, EAS reports filed, and discrepancy logs reviewed and resolved.
Equipment to be Checked Edit
- DJ Booth Microphones
- Production Room Microphones
- iPod inputs 1 and 2
- CD Player
- Phone System
- Online Stream
Transmitter Readings Edit
Method 1: Via the Telephone
- Access the main transmitter remote control by dialing 610-519-5753. After one ring, the remote control will say "enter"
- Enter the password: 89.1 WXVU (891-9988). The remote control will now say "This is RFC-1B."
- Enter the number 66. The remote control will now say "Okay."
- Enter the number 00. The remote control will now say "Channel 00, status on."
- Enter the number 01 to record the transmitter voltage. Record this number in the EAS/Transmitter log.
- Enter the number 02 to record the transmitter current. Record this number in the EAS/Transmitter log.
- Enter the number 03 to record the transmitter power. Record this number in the EAS/Transmitter log. A normal range is 90% to 105% when we are on FM.
- Enter the number 99 to hang up.
Method 2: Via the Internet within Dougherty Hall
- Go to wxvuwebremote.villanova.edu.
EAS Reports Edit
Discrepancy Logs Edit
Training DJs Edit
As part of the Technical Director position, you must train DJs how to use the various technologies in the station.